2021 Playschool mailing list archives
Welcome to ABCCIS
A very warm welcome to our ABCCIS Pre-School. My name is Marwa Yehia. I ‘am very proud to serve as the principal of the Pre-School stage and to be a part of an ambitious school, with huge potential. I’ am so delighted that you all are part of our amazing learning community. I welcome and value your positive energy and dedication to excellence in education, and I look forward to working with you and your children.
All signs point to a new incredible and productive school year. Our skilled and devoted Assistant principal Mrs. Zahraa seif is already planning and preparing for your children along with the teachers. Our enthusiastic Admission team is registering new families, ordering needed materials and updating student files. Our hard working and conscientious Health & Safety Officer had spent the last month thoroughly ensuring safe operational measures in place. And, our newly hired PE instructor is gearing up to welcome students, and offer other exciting events and programs. We are indeed aiming a joyous and caring community with the common goals of nurturing responsible, caring students and promoting high-level learning.
ABCCIS takes the safety and security of its community very seriously and actively reviews its Health, Safety & Security & infectious disease protocols.
Summary of our school measures for safe operation during coronavirus disease (COVID-19):
1. Temperature checks for students and staff upon arrival. Sick students, teachers and other staff should not come to school
2. Encouraging staff to maintain Everyday Preventive actions & enforce regular hand washing with safe water and soap.
3. Implement social distancing practices that may include:
Social distancing stickers are placed on the floors.
When possible, create space for students’ desks
Teach and model creating space and avoiding unnecessary touching
4. Reinforcing our cleansing procedures with new disinfection technologies. Clean and disinfect school buildings, classrooms and especially water and sanitation facilities at least once a day, particularly surfaces that are touched by many people (railings, desks, door and window handles, toys, teaching and learning aids etc.
5. Capacity planning for administrative & teaching staff in case of absenteeism
Further details will be communicated by Mrs. Sahar Elawadly ABCCIS Health & safety Officer
As we strive to create the optimal developmental milieu for children and a strong foundation for learning, it remains imperative that play be included in our curriculum along with academic and social-enrichment opportunities to all children, Careful consideration was given as well to the student placement during the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), Classrooms have been balanced academically and socially. Our class lists are structured to provide equitable seats at each class level.
Further details regarding weekly schedule and supplies will be sent by Mrs.Zahraa Seif – ABCCIS Assistant Principal.
I eagerly look forward to greeting students and families, please stop by and say hello. It remains an honor and privilege to serve as your principal. Together, I know we will make this school year one of growth and achievement for all children.
Alexandria British Columbia Canadian International School
To install this Web App in your ISO device press and then Add to Home Screen.